Music and its power
Music can influence your thoughts, feelings, behaviours, and make you healthier in ways you cannot imagine. As many of us know music is used in treating people with stress, relieve pain, and much more. Various testimonials can prove this statement.
If doctors are contributing to help the sick people, then musicians can be said to prevent or reduce the sickness beforehand with their work. This is because when mentally a person is in a relaxed state then the body can selfheal at various instances.
Komanda is a music band with their music that has impressed people with their music and works.
Music- a pain manager:
- Researchers have found the hearing to music is very useful in managing pain.
- Music also helps people suffering from anxiety issues.
- Tests have found that hearing to music one hour a day has helped in reducing the pain in a significant amount than those in the controlled environment.
- Research involving fibromyalgia patients was conducted where few patients could hear music once a day for the next four weeks while other patients did not listen to music for the same period.
- The results of this music therapy prove that the patients who listened to music were able to manage stress significantly.
- Hence, these kinds of researches prove that music therapy can be used in treating chronic pain.
Music and sleeping habits:
- People when they get emotional or get disturbed mentally find difficulty in sleeping. Thus, emotions and sleeping habits are interlinked.
- A serious disease that is affecting all age groups is insomnia.
- While there are many ways of treating this disease and other diseases related to sleep, Music therapy has also emerged out as one successful method of treating insomnia patients.
- Listening to a piece of Classical music have proved to have improved effects in such patients.
Music- as a motivator:
- People tend to normally listen to music while exercising.
- This is because listening to fast-paced music motivates us to work out harder.
- The research involved a cyclist to pedal a stationary bike with a different tempo of music for a fixed time.
- It was observed that there were changes in the pedaling rates and distance covered at a different tempo of the music.
- When the tempo was increased by 10 percent the cycling rate, energy and distance covered increased.
- While when the music tempo was decreased, there were corresponding drops.
Music – a mood improver:
- One of the most backed benefits of music is improving the mood of the listener.
- Music plays an important role in arousal and mood.
- Listening to music can make you relate to your inner self thus making you aware of ourselves.
- A person who purposefully listened to positive music can feel lightened than those who listen to random music.
- Therefore, music can be treated as a light-bringer to the listener.
Some researchers say that the personality of a person can be determined by the taste of the music. Hence healthy music can make your living healthy by keeping you fit both in terms of physically and mentally.